August 31, 2008 by Daisy Rose
Here’s a quick guide to keeping your hair looking beautiful for the years to come:
● Step 1: Stop spliting hairs. The truth about split ends is, once the damage is done and your hair is split, there is nothing you can do to fix it. The only effective way to get rid of split ends is to have them cut off.
● Step 2: Get your shampoo and conditioner right. Always select the type of shampoo that is the most compatible with your scalp type. Shampoo only your scalp and not the length of your hair or you will be stripping it of its most needed natural oils. To keep hair from looking too greasy, use a lightweight conditioner on a regular basis.
● Step 3: Strengthen your hair. Try using products such as a proteiniser if you have extremely dry, brittle locks.
● Step 4: Put shine back. Invest in styling products with added shine enhancers. Styling product should also protect each strand against the damage of heated styling tools.
● Step 5: Prevent further damage. Consider having a semi-permanent hair colour applied by your stylist. These colours are ammonia free and won’t damage your hair. Opt for a darker hair colour to make hair appear healthier.